Six Meter BBQ 2018
September 21st & 22nd
Austin, Texas, USA
Six Meter BBQ 2018 will be held on Friday afternoon, September 21st with registration and welcome from 1:00-5:00 pm in the Tack Room, with a 6 meter Ragchew from 7:00pm until ??? Saturday, September 22nd beginning with coffee from 8:00 – 8:45 am, and presentations running from 9:00am to 5:00pm in the Tack Room, at the Lonestar Court in Austin, TX. Ask for the Six meter BBQ room rate when making your reservation.
This year’s event features:
- Friday afternoon registration and welcome in the Tack Room, vendors will be available to talk with.
- Saturday morning coffee and registration.
- Presentations on Saturday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm with an hour break for lunch at noon.
- Buffet Lunch and Buffet Dinner on Saturday only.
- The JT Modes and Six Meters – Joel Harrison, W5ZN
- Interesting Propagation on 6 Meters. What Might Happen in the Future? – Carl Luetzelschwab, K9LA
- VHF Contests from an HF Contesters Perspective – George Fremin, K5TR
- Advanced Yagi Basics and Construction for VHF Antennas – Kent Britain, WA5VJB
- Grounding and Bonding for VHF Shacks – Tim Duffy, K3LR, COO DX Engineering
- Enhancing Your 6 Meter Shack Experience With the Latest Technology – Bob Naumann, W5OV, Sales Manager DX Engineering
- Strategies for Setting Up and Operating your VHF Station for Contesting – George Fremin, K5TR
- The Latest Update on SDR Technology and User Interfaces at Flex – Ed Gonzalez, KG5FBT and Abed Haque, AB5ED
- Registration Options:
$98.00 includes all presentations, and a buffet lunch and buffet dinner
$65.00 for buffet dinner only
$55 for presentations and BBQ lunch only
$30.00 for all presentations, but NO lunch or dinner
- Registration will cut-off on September 14th, 2018.
- Sorry, No sign ups at the door!
- Sorry, no refunds – no cancellations.
- No planned excursion for spouses as there is plenty to see and do at The Domain, a large mall next door to the Lone Star Court.