FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARCH 28, 2019
It is with sadness that Flex Radio and DX Engineering have decided to cancel hosting the Six Meter BBQ going forward.
Dick, K5AND and Jimmy, W6JKV were the founders of the Six Meter BBQ and almost all of the past BBQ’s were held at their QTHs.
The Six Meter BBQ was held for over 30 years in the Austin, Texas area, with Flex Radio and DX Engineering co-hosting in 2017 and 2018 at the Lone Star Court in Austin.
The 2017 and 2018 Six Meter BBQ videos and files will continue to be available at:
- The JT Modes and Six Meters – Joel Harrison, W5ZN
- Interesting Propagation on 6 Meters. What Might Happen in the Future? – Carl Luetzelschwab, K9LA
- VHF Contests from an HF Contesters Perspective – George Fremin, K5TR
- Advanced Yagi Basics and Construction for VHF Antennas – Kent Britain, WA5VJB
- Grounding and Bonding for VHF Shacks – Tim Duffy, K3LR, COO DX Engineering
- Enhancing Your 6 Meter Shack Experience With the Latest Technology – Bob Naumann, W5OV, Sales Manager DX Engineering
- Strategies for Setting Up and Operating your VHF Station for Contesting – George Fremin, K5TR
- The Latest Update on SDR Technology and User Interfaces at Flex – Ed Gonzalez, KG5FBT and Abed Haque, AB5ED