Six Meter BBQ 2017
September 29th & 30th
Austin, Texas, USA
Six Meter BBQ 2017 was held on Friday afternoon, September 29th with registration and welcome from 1:00-5:00 pm in the Tack Room, with a 6 meter Ragchew from 7:00pm until ??? Saturday, September 30th, beginning with coffee from 8:00 – 8:45 am, and presentations running from 9:00am to 5:00pm in the Tack Room, at the Lonestar Court in Austin, TX. Ask for the Six meter BBQ room rate when making your reservation.
This year’s event features:
- Friday afternoon registration and welcome in the Tack Room, vendors will be available to talk with.
- Saturday morning coffee and registration.
- Presentations on Saturday from 9:00 am -5:00 pm with an hour break for lunch at noon.
- Buffet Lunch and Buffet Dinner on Saturday only.
- A Review of the New Low Noise 6 meter LFA Yagis Designed by Justin Johnson, G0KSC – Tim Duffy, K3LR, COO DX Engineering
- A Review of Current Radio Technology Concerning Six Meter Performance – Rob Sherwood, NC0B of Sherwood Engineering
- The Evolution of FT8 and JT65 and Their Impact on 6 meters (Part 1) – Jon Jones, N0JK, Editor of ARRL QST VHF Column
- The Evolution of FT8 and JT65 and Their Impact on 6 meters (Part 2) – Jon Jones, N0JK, Editor of ARRL QST VHF Column
- High Performance 6 meter DXing, Contesting, and Even Mountain Topping – David Shoaf, KG6IRW, Manager of World Wide Distribution for Elecraft
- Noise Figures, Gain and Loss: Understanding how to get the Most out of Your 6 meter Station – Steve Hicks, N5AC, VP Engineering for FlexRadio Systems
- Six Meter Complete Station Remote Control & Monitoring – Steve Simons, W1SMS, Owner Lunar Link Amplifiers
- A Rugged Center-Mount Halo for 6m – Tom Haddon, K5VH
- DX Engineering
- FlexRadio Systems
- Lunar Link Amplifiers
- Two Registration Options:
$98.00 includes all presentations, and a buffet lunch and buffet dinner
$65.00 for buffet dinner only
$55 for presentations and BBQ lunch only
$30.00 for all presentations, but NO lunch or dinner
- Registration will cut-off on September 24th.
- Sorry, No sign ups at the door!
- Sorry, no refunds – no cancellations.
- No planned excursion for spouses as there is plenty to see and do at The Domain, a large mall next door to the Lone Star Court.